The benefits of an HRATV membership include:
- An investment in your professional development
- The opportunity to differentiate yourself as an HR professional
- Network for you to tap into when gathering information on how other local organizations handle various HR situations, procedures, policies, etc.
- Local professional development opportunities to improve your HR competencies and advance yourself professionally
- Up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations
- HR generalists and specialists who provide information that might otherwise be difficult and/or impossible to obtain
- Relationships and contacts with other local companies
- Contemporary, successful practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help line managers carry out business strategy
- Detailed, updated information on state and local labor market conditions and issues
- The opportunity to obtain PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification credits for attending HRATV meetings
- Leadership skills development opportunities (ie, voluntary leadership role in HRATV)
- Monthly newsletter with pertinent articles and announcements
Membership in HRATV is by individual, rather than by firm or position, and is non-transferable. HRATV provides four classifications of membership: Professional, Associate, Affiliate and Life.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS. Individuals primarily engaged in the profession of Human Resource Management (HRM) who either: a) possess at least three (3) years of experience in HRM at the exempt level; or b) are currently accredited by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI); or c) are faculty members holding assistant to full professorial rank in HRM or any of its specialized functions in an accredited college or university and who possess three (3) years of experience at this level of teaching or equivalent thereof; or d) are full-time consultants with at least three (3) years experience in the field of Human Resource Management. The rights and privileges of Professional Members include the right to vote and hold any office in the Association.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS. Individuals primarily engaged in non-exempt HRM positions as well as those who do not meet any of the foregoing categories but who are primarily engaged in human resources throughout their current employment. Associate members may vote but may not hold an Officer position in the Association.
AFFILIATE MEMBERS. Individuals outside the foregoing categories of membership who demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Board of Directors a bona fide interest in human resource management and in the purposes of the Association shall be eligible for Affiliate Membership. The term "bona fide interest" as used above shall be interpreted to mean a professional interest that extends beyond the sale or promotion of goods or services to Members. Affiliate Members may vote but may not hold an Officer position in the Association.
LIFE MEMBERS. Any Professional Member in good standing for at least five years at the time of retirement from any firm, organization or institution may be elected to Life Membership in the Association by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. Life Members shall be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership except the right to vote or hold an Officer position in the Association. There shall be no annual dues application to this class of membership.
Annual Membership Dues
The annual dues for membership in HRATV are $100.00 per individual. Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable. Annual membership dues:
- Support HR professionals who are studying for certification
- Contribute to college scholarships for future HR professionals
- Support the SHRM Foundation which funds HR research grants and scholarships and produces publications and educational resources to advance the HR profession
- Provide quality programs at monthly membership meetings and the annual conference
- Contribute to local community service organizations through an annual contribution